The Softie Windshield provides a quick, simple, robust and cost effective windshield for the tough environment of modern day ENG and location recording.
The Softie Windshield is a slip-on open-cell foam, with integral fur cover. The Softie will reduce wind-noise, protect your mic and is the standard world wide in TV. Softie windshields are available in a large range of sizes to fit most popular shotgun microphones.
Both the acoustic foam and synthetic fur are made from materials which are specially designed and manufactured for the purpose, and as a result up to 40 dB of wind-noise reduction without any adverse effect on High-Frequency. In addition the foam is not susceptible to UV or moisture damage, giving this product great longevity.
Advanced materials, adhesives and assembly techniques all combine to make the Softie an extremely tough product that provides excellent wind protection in the harshest of environments.
Softie Windshields come in two varieties of fur length, classic and short hair. The short haired Softie, known as the Camera-Mounted Softie has closely cropped dark grey synthetic fur, offers lower profile and a more compact design without severely altering the efficiency of the Softie. It can also be mounted close to the camera lens without causing unwanted shadows.
- 5cm (19/22) Standard Hole Neumann 180 Series, RODE NT55/NT5, Schoeps CMC Series, Sennheiser ME 62/64
- 5cm (24/25) Large Hole Sennheiser MKH 20/30/40/50
- 12cm (19/22) Standard Hole DPA 4017, Schoeps CMIT 5U, Sennheiser MKH 8060, Audio-Technica AT 875 (AT875R)
- 15cm (19/22) Standard Hole Audio-Technica AT 897, Audio-Technica AT 835ST (BP4029), RODE NTG-1, RODE NTG-2, Sanken CS 1, Sanken CS 2, Schoeps Super CMIT, Shure VP82, Shure VP89S, Sennheiser MKE 600
- 18cm (19/22) Standard Hole Sanken CS 3, RODE NTG-3, Sennheiser MKH 416, Sennheiser ME 66 K6
- 18cm (24/25) Large Hole Sennheiser MKH60
- 29cm (24/25) Large Hole Sennheiser MKH70
- 32cm (19/22) Standard Hole Audio-Technica AT 815b (AT8015)
- 44cm (19/22) Standard Hole Rode NTG-8