The SpeakEasy™ v3b is housed in a cast aluminum enclosure with a durable black finish. At under 5 pounds, the unit is small enough to hide on set and rugged enough to pack in a case with the rest of your gear.
The back of the unit has two combo jacks for connecting mic, line or instrument level inputs. The mic trim provides up to 40dB of amplification. The inputs are isolated from one another so they can be used at the same time.
With a single pair of 9-volt batteries, the SpeakEasy™ v3b will operate for a full production day or more. The unit also has a coaxial DC jack for external powering. Its 12-watt amplifier delivers more than enough volume for monitoring or cueing.
- Use on your cart to listen without headphones.
- Place it anywhere on set with a wireless receiver for cueing and stage announce.
- Plant it in a car during tow scenes so the director can talk to actors (when used with the Boom Box).
- Connect one (or two) to your computer or iPod for remote listening and editing.
- Monitor programming during remote radio and television broadcasts.
- Plant it inside a piano for realistic track playback.