The SPDR is Lectrosonics’ response to customer demand for a small, lightweight dual channel recorder
for use on virtual reality sound captures or as a backup recorder for bag systems in the field. The SPDR will let you capture the full stereo audio of an extreme sport participant, in-car scenes or in situations where a wireless system cannot be used.
When used in conjunction with a small mixer and the SRC receiver, the SPDR makes for a lightweight interview setup that provides full redundancy – all fitting into a small fanny pack.
The industry standard 5 Pin LEMO time code input allows a simple momentary jam. The high accuracy oscillator allows free wheeling precision better than 1 ppm for those long recording days.
Offering the same high definition display as the PDR, the SPDR keypad has a tactile feedback riser on the record button for easy eyes-off recording startup. Dweedle tone commands allow easy start and stop using the PDRRemote app.
The SPDR has an external power input with internal battery switchover, allowing all day recording from your bag battery with immediate fall back to the internal batteries should there be an external power loss.
A 32GB memory card allows almost 30 hours of recording time at the 48kHz sample rate.
A high quality headphone output is provided for playback and monitoring.
The rugged aluminum housing allows easy access for the microSDHC memory card (up to 32GB) and DC input
for external power. Recordings are stored in industry standard BWF file format (.WAV) with iXML metadata, for compatibility with third party tools such as Wave Agent ™. The deep buffer allows use of slower cards with high reliability.
The SPDR has outstanding battery life (over 20 hours on AA lithiums) for long term recording capabilities when using only internal batteries. If external power is being used and is accidentally interrupted, a switchover to the internal batteries takes place automatically. The SPDR is compatible with the LM style transmitter belt clips. The wire belt clip (P/N 26526) is included and the hinged style belt clip (P/N BCHINGED) is available as an option.
- Professional quality low noise digital audio recordings in Broadcast Wave Format (iXML metadata) with high dynamic range
- Compact size for easy bag, plant mic and personal use
- Records to a microSDHC memory card
- Wide range input gain adjustment for mic toline level signals
- AES input for digital signal chains
- Time code jam/sync from external source
- Standard Lectrosonics TA5M input jack
- Lectrosonics “servo bias” input preamp
- Solid machined aluminum construction
- Over 20 hours of operation on dual AAlithium batteries
- Temperature compensating clock accurate to less than 1ppm at all temperatures