Rycote Super Softie Kit CMIT Overview
Perfect for the beautifully balanced Schoeps CMIT
Aerodynamic and durable, the Super-Softie Kit CMIT slip-on microphone windshield and shock mounting system provides superior performance and unparalleled durability for your Schoeps CMIT5U*
*Also compatible with: Neumann KMR81i, Sanken CS1, CS2, Sennheiser MKE600, Rode NTG2, NTG4 & NTG4+
- Genuine Rycote patented Duo-Lyre® technology for massive handling noise reduction
- Incorporates Rycote Super-Softie with 3D-Tex® material for excellent wind noise protection with proven toughness & reliability
- Super-Softie length only 8.25” and weighs less than 100 grams!
- Fast, effective and easy to use
- New revolutionary 3D-Tex™ fabric covering for unparalleled sonic performance, wind-noise suppression and field durability
- Shape and structure reduces wind noise at extreme LF and infrasonic frequencies – where wind energy is greatest
- Universal Shotgun Mount ideal for boom pole use
- Perfect for low-profile on-camera use with included solid brass cold-shoe adaptor
The Super-Softie combines excellent acoustic transparency with superb attenuation of wind noise. It has no rigid internal structure, causes virtually no polar pattern distortion and is extremely robust in challenging environments such as ENG. Its shape and structure allow it to reduce wind noise at extreme LF and infrasonic frequencies – where the greatest wind energy lies – more efficiently than previous designs. The initial noise reduction can be in excess of 30 dB and acoustic artifacts are extremely low.
Patented Duo-Lyre Shockmount
Lyre Mount will hold your microphone and supply the best isolation against many forms of disturbances, which includes handling noise when handheld or used on a boom pole, and low frequency rumble and vibrations from camera motors.
The Duo-Lyre fulfills a 25% increase in effectiveness over the classic rubber-donut design and the cross-elastic methods by other brands.
3D-Tex™ contributes to amazing noise reduction by both its layered internal structure and its surface texture. It retains its acoustic properties even under adverse conditions. If 3D-Tex™ becomes rain soaked it can be squeezed out and shaken dry very quickly – if it becomes coated with dust it can be rinsed quickly without affecting its performance.