The TASCAM DR-60DmkII is an update of the award winning DR-60D, is the audio recording solution for on-set filmmakers and videographers using HDSLR cameras. The streamlined design fits perfectly under an HDSLR camera rig, without relying on bulky recorders or settling for the lesser audio quality of the camera’s microphone in.
The DR-60DmkII is the next generation of 4-track solid-state recording, based on TASCAM’s decades of recording innovation. The upgraded HDDA microphone preamps provide up to 64 dB of gain, capturing every nuance of a performance. Up to four channels at a time can be recorded to the internal SD Card, at up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF file resolution. Two of the mic inputs utilize locking XLR connectors with 48-volt phantom power, and the other two inputs use 1/8” stereo connectors for wireless and lavaliere microphones.
A Camera Output sends the mic mix to the camera for later synchronization, and a Camera Input is provided for monitoring playback. An additional headphone out and line out assist the crew during filming. The DR-60DmkII is designed for low-noise operation, including soft touch buttons and dedicated gain controls.
Multiple recording modes are available on the DR-60DmkII. Four-Channel Mode records all four microphone inputs. There’s also an alternate setting for Dual Recording, which captures a copy of your audio at a lower level for a distortion-free safety track. Menus and operation are well laid out, owing to decades of innovative recording design.
Reach beyond the limited performance of your camera’s audio to capture the other half of your film. At a cost less than competing preamps, the TASCAM DR-60DmkII is the ultimate 4-track recorder designed for filmmakers, television, live events and web broadcasting.
- High-quality HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps
- Four inputs, three outputs, and simultaneous four-track recording with built-in mixer controls
- Multiple Record modes (including dual “Safety Track” record mode) for self-tailored recording
- Soft-touch buttons, which eliminate handling noise, and various other features such as the slate function were designed specifically for HDSLR use
- Dedicated “Camera Out” provides simultaneous recording between HDSLR and the DR-60DmkII
- Versatile slate tone generator provides easy adjustments for on-site movie editing
- Channels 3 & 4 — 1/8″ connector supports high-output video camera microphones
- Tripod socket placed on the bottom and a screw for camera attachment placed on top
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lightweight body designed for rugged portability