This item may not be purchased in Canada.
The Deva Mix-8 from Zaxcom is a control surface for the embedded digital audio mixer of the Fusion, Fusion 12, Deva IV, V, 5.8 or 16 location audio mixer / recorders.
- Easily controls fader levels
- Control of input trims
- True digital mixing console
- Zero time offset design for no phase distortion channel to channel
- No audio cabling from Mix-8 to recorder
- Floating point DSP digital mixing with no internal clipping or quantization issues
- Unlimited routing
- No sample rate issues between Mix-8 and recorder
- Cross points can be pre or post fader with or without phase inversion
Please note, the Mix-8 is a control surface, no audio passes through this device. All audio processing and effects are contained within the recorder so the below information pertains to the Deva and/or Fusion it’s paired with.
The Mix-8 is fully digital, only the microphone pre-amps, A/D and D/A converters are used for analog connections to the outside world. Mixing is performed in the digital domain via a floating DSP ensuring the highest quality, unlike analog mixing consoles where distortion or channel to channel differences can occur over time or with temperature changes.
The microphone preamps on Zaxcom recorders are sound studio quality, ensuring no coloration of audio by transformers or other analog circuitry. The effects are superb, with the ability to remove hum, buzzes and even crickets by the two notch filters on each channel. There are 3 band shelving filters with individual control of Level, Q and Frequency via the Deva or Fusions graphic interface.
Mix-8ﾒs soft knee compressor is one of the best available, chosen for its natural sound and transparency.