The PIX 270i integrates extensive audio capability with eight channels of analog audio, eight
channels of AES digital audio, 16 channels of embedded SDI audio, 64 channels of MADI audio
(both coaxial and optical), and 64 channels of Dante audio over Ethernet. The unit records
audio-only monophonic and polyphonic WAV files.
The PIX 270i includes a precision 5-inch 800 x 480-pixel IPS display for menu access and video
monitoring. The highly accurate display provides peaking, false color, and zoom features to
facilitate framing, exposure, and focus evaluation.
A built-in Ambient Lockit time-code generator/reader ensures accurate sync in multi-camera
and double-system sound applications. In addition to generating ultra-stable time code, the
PIX 270i reads time code embedded in SDI and HDMI streams, and from external sources.
The high-quality hardware scaler and converter in the PIX 270i powers real-time up, down, or
cross-conversion during ingest. It converts between all supported SD and HD resolutions and
frame rates, and includes 3:2 pull-down removal.
PowerSafe circuitry provides a constant 10-second power reserve. In the event of power loss,
the PIX 270i continues to operate for up to 10 seconds, then cleanly stops any file operation
and safely shuts down. The PIX 270i draws 10-27 VDC through a four-pin XLR connector. A
secondary connection allows connection to redundant power supplies.
- Dedicated video hardware records to standard removable solid-state drives
- Simultaneous multi-drive recording on up to four SSD drives enables redundancy and backup
- Redundant 4-pin XLR power connections
- PowerSafe circuitry provides 10-second power reserve and safe file shutdown during external power loss
- Tapeless file-based recording, playback, and file transfer ﾕ Access and transfer files over Ethernet
- Edit-ready Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD files
- Recording on up to four drives provides immediate file copies and back up, as well as long-form recording
- Group control of multiple PIX recorders facilitates multi-camera recording
- Frame synchronized recording and playback
- 64 channels of MADI audio and 64 channels of Dante audio I/O for large-scale audio systems
- 12-bit 4:4:4 over 3G-SDI I/O
- Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD codecs from 36 Mb/s proxies up to 330 Mb/s ProRes 4444