The PIX 250i file-based video recorder delivers the performance, quality, and reliability
required for fast-paced studio, live sports, event, and mobile production. This cost-effective
and networkable recorder seamlessly replaces tape-and disc-based video decks.
The PIX 250i records and plays Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD QuickTime video files through
its 12-bit 4:4:4 3G-SDI at data rates from 330 Mb/s (ProRes 4444) down to 36 Mb/s (ProRes
and DNxHD proxy files). Files recorded on a PIX 250i can be directly imported by leading
editing systems including Avid Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere
Pro. QuickTime masters made in an editing system are ready for playback on the PIX 250i.
Extensive network connectivity supports grouping multiple PIX recorders over Ethernet for
simultaneous recording and playback. The PIX 250i can group with other PIX 250i recorders,
as well as PIX 260i, and PIX 270i units. Additionally, SSD drives and files can be accessed
over Ethernet as network-attached SMB volumes. An embedded web server provides
browser-based control and setup-menu access.
Two front-panel drive bays hold SSD drives in removable PIX-CADDY carriers. The PIX 250i
can record to the drives simultaneously for redundancy or sequentially long-form programs. In
addition to browser-based control, the PIX 250i can be controlled via external RS-422 (Sony
9-pin compatible) signals. Machine transport and setup menu selections are fully controllable.
Comprehensive audio capabilities include support for 16 tracks of audio over eight channels of
analog audio, eight channels of AES digital audio, and 16 channels of embedded SDI audio.
- Dedicated video hardware records to standard removable solid-state drives
- PowerSafe circuitry provides 10-second power reserve and safe file shutdown during external power loss
- Simultaneous multi-drive recording on two SSD drives enables redundancy and backup
- Tapeless file-based recording, playback, and file transfer
- Recording on two SSD drives provides immediate file copies, backup, as well as long-form recording
- Access and transfer files over Ethernet
- Edit-ready Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD files
- Create and control groups of multiple PIX recorders, including PIX 260i and PIX 270i units
- 12-bit 4:4:4 video over 3G-SDI
- Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD codecs from 36 Mb/s proxies up to 330 Mb/s ProRes 4444