Sound Devices Wingman Overview
Wireless Remote Control (688, 664, and 633)
For sound mixers who want to use a wireless, touch-screen interface to improve experience for metadata entry & editing, as well as creating sound reports (PDF format) that can be emailed directly from your iOS device.
Supports iOS wireless remote control. Requires the following:
- Upgrade of 6-Series firmware to version 4.00.
- WM-Connect– a Bluetooth® Smart USB dongle that may be connected (with included adapters) to the USB-B port on right side of any 6-Series mixer. May also be installed without adapter into the keyboard port of an attached CL-12 / CL-12 Alaia.
- Wingman – a free iOS-based application available from Apple’s App Store. Compatible
with any iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch running iOS 8.0 or later.
Sound Devices Wingman Key Features:
- Vast control of mixer/recorders in the palm of your hand!
- Remotely start / stop audio recording
- Edit metadata, circle takes, and designate false takes; updates instantly reflected on
- Edit track names, arm/disarm tracks
- Edit sound report headers & create sound reports in “current directory” (as defined by
MENU > File Storage > Folder Options), stored on “target media” which is either
CompactFlash or SD card inserted in mixer
- Email newly created sound report (CSV format) direct from mobile device
- Monitor levels from multiple meter views on mobile device
- (688 only) Monitor auto mixing activity from mobile device
- From within the app, easily switch control from one WM-Connect-enabled 6-Series
mixer to another one on set with a couple taps of a fingertip.