Sound Devices 664 Overview
The Sound Devices 664 Field Production Mixer is the flagship in Sound Devices line of portable audio mixers joining the 552, 302 and MixPre-D Sound Devices product. The 664 has six input channels and four output bus channels, all recordable for a total of 10-tracks. Other features include Ambient time code, intuitive menus via color LCD interface, multiple mic/line output configurations on XLR, 10-pin and TA-3 connectors, up to four channels of AES inputs (AES-3, AES42), and up to eight channels of AES3 outputs.
The CL-6 Input Expander is also available for applications requiring more inputs. It adds six line-level analog inputs, additional LED output metering and additional recording transport controls. The 664 with the CL-6 has 12 inputs and four output busses for 16 total record tracks. The direct output connectors on the 664 are selectable as inputs with the CL-6 attached.
KIT OPTION: The Sound Devices 664 is now available in a package with accessories. The kit includes (1) 664 mixer, CS-664 bag by Camrade with strap. Cables include (4) XL-2F type cables, (2) XL-2 type cables, (1) XL-LB2 timecode
sync cable, (1) Sound Devices Approved 16GB CF card and (1) Sound Devices Approved 16 GB SD card.
- Six high-bandwidth, low noise microphone preamplifiers with phantom, limiters, high-pass, pan, and direct outputs per channel
- Four output buses, Left, Right and Aux 1, Aux 2; transformer-balanced for freedom from ground loops; multiple output connectors, including dual multi-pin
- Built-in production recorder, records all inputs and output buses: 10 tracks total. With CL-6 attached: 16 tracks total.
- Broadcast WAV recording to dual memory card slots, CF and SD
- Record different track combinations and to each card type
- High-precision, Ambient Recording-based time code generator/reader with auto-recharging of internal TC battery
- Time code compare tool to measure offset from internal and external time code
- Quick, intuitive interface via sunlight readable, transflective LCD menu control
- Main controls on dedicated knobs and switches
- Two AES42/AES3 digital inputs (input connectors 1 and 6)
- AES3 output selection, up to eight channels of AES out (XLR, multi-pin)
- Expanded return monitoring capabilities, with three camera returns
- Dedicated communication circuit (PL)
- Built-in slate microphone and external slate microphone input connector
- Powered by AA-battery x5 or isolated (floating) external DC, 10-18V
- Metalized, gasketed carbon-fiber chassis panels for light weight and durability