Sound Devices 633 Portable Mixer
The Sound Devices 633 is a compact, six-input mixer with integrated 10-track recorder featuring PowerSafe technology. It offers six analog inputs and records to SD and CompactFlash memory cards. The 633 is designed for audio professionals requiring go-anywhere portability, without compromising recording or mixing capability.
The 633 offers three high-bandwidth mic/line inputs on XLR connectors, complete with phantom power, highpass filter, input limiter and variable pan. Three additional line-level inputs on TA3 (mini-XLR) connectors offer flexibility for more complex productions. All inputs are assignable to its six output buses, Left/Right plus Aux 1/2/3/4.
All six inputs plus output buses Left/Right and Aux 1/2 can be recorded to individual tracks. The Sound Devices 633 offers 10-track 24-bit, 48 kHz uncompressed WAV recording (96 kHz and 192 kHz sampling up to six tracks) to SD and CompactFlash memory cards. The two cards can be set independently, recording either identical material for a real-time backup, or combinations of WAV and MP3 files.
Powered by a unique Quad Power supply with PowerSafe technology, the unit is operational from any of four power sources. Sources can include external DC (12-18 V), two removable 7.2 V L-type lithium ion cells, and six internal AA batteries. The 633 automatically switches from one power supply to the next when power is exhausted or removed. With its combination of power sources, the Sound Devices 633 can operate for a full production day on batteries alone.
When all power sources are removed or depleted, the unit’s PowerSafe circuitry is activated. PowerSafe keeps the 633 operating for up to 10 seconds and ensures that all file operations are fully closed and
- Six analog inputs (3+3); three full-featured mic/line preamps plus three line-level inputs, each with dedicated front-panel faders and PFLs
- 10-track recording, polyphonic or monophonic broadcast WAV files @ 24-bit 48 kHz (96 kHz and 192 kHz sampling for 6 tracks), time code stamped MP3. Simultaneous or independent recording to SD and CompactFlash card
- 6 mix buses, left/right main plus Aux 1/2/3/4
- PowerSafe Circuitry offers complete file protection from power loss. Ten second internal power reserve closes files and shuts down unit.
- Quad Powering offers class-leading powering flexibility from four available power types, easily power the 633 for a full production day.
- Two second power on-to-recording. Never wait on sound!
- AES input, two-channel AES3 or AES42, four channels of AES output
- Accurate Time Code Master Clock generator and reader, 0.5 frame per day accuracy
- Clear, fast, easy to navigate controls and interface; visible in all light conditions, configurable metering and display
- USB Keyboard connection for quick and easy metadata entry.
- Input delay selectable on all six inputs plus output bus delay on all six buses.
- User-configurable headphone presets plus a headphone favorite mode for quick source selection
- Small, lightweight, compact chassis made from molded, metalized carbon fiber
KIT OPTION INCLUDES:
(1) 633 mixer
(1) CS-633 bag by Portabrace
(3) XL-2F Cables
(2) XL-2 Cables
(1) XL-LB2 Cable
(2) XL-B2 Batteries
(1) SAM-32CF CF card
(1) SAM-32SD 32Gb SD card