The JuicedLink RM333 Riggy Micro Low-Noise Preamp is a straightforward, miniature, and flexible microphone preamplifier for use with DSLR cameras that are rich in audio features, such as the Nikon D800 and Canon 5DMKIII. Cameras such as the D800 and 5DMKIII feature headphone outputs for confident and direct audio monitoring, AGC disable and onboard metering, allowing JuicedLink to design a more compact and straightforward preamp in the RM333.
There are 3 built-in XLR inputs and a single 1/8″ (3.5mm) stereo output, input gain control, 48V and 12V phantom power. The RM333 is capable of alkaline or LiPolymer battery operation and its small, lightweight enclosure allows for flexible mounting and room for accessories. Simultaneously “rig” optional accessories onto the top and side of the RM333 Riggy Micro for flexible mounting options unheard of from a preamplifier this small.
- Three XLR input low-noise preamp, amplified mic level output (3.5 mm stereo mini jack)
- Small and light design with flexible mounting options (patent pending)
- Mounts to bottom of cameras without obstructing the camera’s battery compartment
- Optional accessory bracket allows mounting of numerous other components, such as microphones, wireless receivers, etc.
- Mounts to camera hot-shoe (with 1/4-20 adapter)
- Optional accessory cold shoe allows mounting of 2 other components, such as microphones, wireless receivers, etc.
- Sips Battery Power
- – 12hr battery life (no phantom, all 3 XLR inputs active, Alkaline battery)
- – 20hr battery life (no phantom, all 3 XLR inputs active, LiPoly battery)
- – 20hr battery life (no phantom, 1 XLR input active, Alkaline battery)
- – Switchable between Alkaline and LiPoly battery use (patent pending)
- – Selective power down mode to turn off portions of the preamp not being used (patent pending)
- 48V phantom power, and power saving 12V phantom mode
- Camera Overload Protection
- – Achieved via audio bracketing (patent pending) (left channel duplicated on the right channel at 16dB lower, so if the camera overloads on the main signal, you have a backup at a safe lower level)
- – No noise or distortion created by limiters, and consumes no battery power.