The JuicedLink RA333 Riggy Assist Low-Noise Preamp is a straightforward, miniature, and flexible microphone preamplifier for use with DSLR cameras. The RA333 Riggy Assist provides AGC (Automatic Gain Control) disabling, headphone monitor output and LED display, allowing it to be used with most DSLR cameras. There are 3 built-in XLR inputs and a single 1/8″ (3.5mm) stereo output, input gain control, 48V and 12V phantom power.
The RA333 is capable of alkaline or LiPolymer battery operation and its small, lightweight enclosure allows for flexible mounting and room for accessories. Simultaneously “rig” optional accessories onto the top and side of the RA333 Riggy Assist for flexible mounting options unheard of from a preamplifier this small. Camera Overload Protection – Audio Output Bracketing sends all 3 channel signals to the left and right outputs, with a 16dB attenuated (lower) signal at the right output. This allows for a secondary signal to be recorded in case the primary signal peaks or distorts.
- AGC (Automatic Gain Control) disabling
- Headphone output
- 4 segment R/L meters (each) which can be calibrated to camera
- Riggy Mounting Options
- Three XLR input low-noise preamp, amplified mic level output (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Optional accessory bracket allows mounting of numerous other components, such as microphones, wireless receivers, etc.
- Designed to Optimized Battery Life Efficiency
- Switchable between Alkaline and LiPoly 9V battery use (patent pending)
- Selective power down mode to turn off portions of the preamp (two XLR channels and/or meter) not being used (patent pending)
- Battery Life
- 6 hr battery life (no phantom, all 3 XLR inputs active, Alkaline battery)
- 48V phantom power, and power saving 12V phantom mode
- Camera Overload Protection
- Audio Output Bracketing (patent pending) duplicates the left channel on the right channel at lower signal level (approximately 16dB lower). If the camera overloads on the main signal on the left channel, you have a backup at a safe lower level on the right channel
- Audio Output Bracketing adds no noise or distortion, in contrast to the noise and distortion created by limiters. It also consumes no battery power.
- Mic/Line Switches for each XLR channel
- Hi/Lo Gain Switches for each XLR channel
- Mono/Stereo Switch