The MCE 72 is a compact stereo microphone for XY recording with a wide and linear frequency response producing uncoloured, high-quality recordings. The MCE 72 is suitable for stereo recording in home studio applications, concert recordings with DAT or MD, film, video and interviewing. For musicians the MCE 72 is an excellent microphone for assessing performance in rehearsals, production and concerts. For stereo ambient sound recording, the microphone is suitable for direct connection to most camcorders, DAT and MD recorders.
The MCE 72 has two microphone capsules that are mounted in an angle of ±60° to the microphone axis to achieve a wide recording range and an accurate reproduction of the sound source.
The optional EA 19/25 elastic suspension suppresses footfall sound effectively.
Using the optional special EA 86 elastic suspension with a flash holder, the MCE 72 can be mounted onto the “hot shoe” of a camcorder directly but remains isolated from noise caused by the video head and the drive.
The MCE 72 is available in three versions (choose from drop down menu above):
- MCE 72- Stereo condenser mic for X-Y recording, battery powered, 5pin XLR cable
- MCE 72 CAM- Stereo condenser mic for X-Y recording, battery powered, 5pin XLR cable AND windscreen/mounting package
- MCE 72 PV CAM- Stereo condenser mic for X-Y recording, phantom powered, 5pin XLR cable AND windscreen/mounting package
- XY stereophony
- Two cardioid condenser capsules
- Angular width 120° (± 60° off the microphone axis)
- Rugged metal housing
- Plug-in connecting cable (5-pin XLR)
- Battery powered (1.5 V battery)
- Battery indicator LED
Supplied accessories MCE 72
MKV 108 microphone clamp and MVK 82-K3 with 5-pin XLR socket and mini stereo jack plug (3.5 mm), 2.5 m long