Plug-on UHF transmitter with a balanced XLR input for professional dynamic and condenser microphones. Ideal for “handheld” newscaster shots and wireless booms. Ergonomically designed with a “trilobular” shape to look good on camera and be lightweight and super durable for swinging around on a pole. The PTX is available as either 60 MHz wide from 512-572 or 80 MHz wide from 614-694. Combined with an En2 receiver DX, DX2 or CX2, amazing sound quality and performance is delivered. There is also no trailing antenna either ﾖ the PTXﾒs antenna is built into its robust aluminium body.
The sleek design wastes no space to make the PTX as small and lightweight as possible. The OLED display and menu is incredibly intuitive and a snap to work with under pressure in the field. It has a programable screen saver to hide it when in use and save precious battery life. The display can be custom configured to read both from the left and from the right and the on/off button can also be configured to function as an instant, one-touch mute button.
All parameters are set by scrolling the wheel on the bottom of each unit. The recessed battery door latching system is durable and provides for quick & easy battery changes.
- The Menu uses a blue Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) display which is extremely clear yet consumes very little power. All parameters are set by scrolling the wheel on the bottom of each unit to the left or right and pressing the wheel down to set the desired value.
- The mic input is via a 3-pin XLR connector with locking scew collar to secure the microphone fitting. It can be used with dynamic mics and provides switchable +48V phantom powering for professional condenser microphones.
- Powered by a two 1.5V AA type battery which provides up to 5 hours use with +48V phantom power (depending on battery type) and up to 9 hours with a dynamic microphone. NiMH type is recommended.
- up to 80 MHz Switching bandwidth in 25 kHz steps
- 512 – 572 MHz and 614 – 694 MHz operating ranges – via 2 frequency blocks
- Compatible with En2 DX, DX2 and CX2 receivers – Also available for 2040/2020 systems
- Selectable RF output power, 50 mW or 25 mW
- Switchable +48V phantom powering for condenser microphones
- Menu system driven by OLED display and 3-position navigation wheel
- Mute Switch
- Powered by two 1.5V AA batteries for up to 5 hours
- Balanced XLR 3-pin connector with locking screw collar for a “no-rattle” performance
- Durable all metal housing and recessed battery door latch
- Selectable Low Cut Filter at 50 Hz, 100 Hz and OFF
- 32 factory pre-set frequencies
- 32 user selected frequencies in 25 kHz steps can be stored
- Made in the UK